Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Configure Word to use Firefox?

Hi Tom,

If Firefox is configured as your default browser from within Firefox a couple of things should normally happen. (1) The 'internet'
shortcuts on the desktop would show the Firefox rather than IE logo and (2) using following hyperlinks to web pages from within Word
should call the default browser. Word doesn't have a separate browser of choice setting other than to ask Windows to call the
default.

What version of Outlook are you using and which setting are you using to set a different default browser?

===========
"TomF" wrote in message ...
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. The reason I was asking is: I can configure
Outlook to use a specific browser (not IE) when a link is clicked in
an email message. I was hoping that Word would have the same
capability...or at least to make the default browser available. It
doesn't appear that it has that capability (or, possibly,
inclination). Am I correct?

Tom
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)