Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) is offline

Default While typing in word 2007 the cursor suddenly jumps up a few lines

I don't suppose you're using a laptop that has a touchpad are you? I've
had that problem sometimes with my ASUS Tablet because the heel of my
hand accidentally brushes the touchpad.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"PeterT" wrote in message
:

I'm typing away in word and suddenly the cursor pops up a few lines. It
happens when I'm typing fast and I just can't figure our what the combination
is that I'm hitting and why it's happening. How do I turn it off?
At times suddenly some of the text that I just typed is selected and then
deleted as I continue typing. Another hot key combination that I'm not sure
what it is and how to turn it off.