Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Word Tab Toolbars Keep on Closing--How to Keep them Open?

There are three different ways to control this:

- Double-click any of the tabs.

- Right-click any tab and check/uncheck "Minimize the Ribbon".

- Press Ctrl+F1.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Brad wrote:
Until yesterday, no matter which one tab I had selected in Word 2007,
the Home, Insert, Page Layout, References, Mailings, Review, and View
tab toolbars used to remain always visible while working on a
document. Yesterday, while working a few hours on a large Word file,
these tabs now close their toolbars when I edit directly in the Word
file. I want the selected tab's toolbar to always remain visible, as
it was before.
In vain, I have looked throughout the online Help, Word Options, and
Office Online, but I cannot find the solution. I have tried
right-clicking here and there, hoping to find some setting.
Help, please!
Thank you