Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Carsten Cumbrowski Carsten Cumbrowski is offline

Default Copy and Paste of Images into Word 2007 (e.g. from a Web Browser)

I used to be able to copy and paste the content of a web page from any
browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox etc) into MS Word 2007 and it was copying
the images properly, same size, everything.

I changed settings and options one day and somehow caused a change in the
behavior how the data are pasted into Word 2007.

Instead of pasting images into the document, Auto Shapes appear in the
document. They are almost invisible and never the size of the original image.
It is hard to select then altogether. You can only find them by looking for
areas where the text floats around some "invisible" off-limits zones,
creating small white spots in the document, screwing up paragraph formating,
if they are located near page breaks.

I cannot find a way to revert this behavior. I got from another computer the
registry settings exported where the copy and paste works
(HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options) and the Normal.dotm
template, but that didn't solve it.

I think that it must have to do with the Office Clipboard settings, because
images are missing in MS Excel 2007 as well. I cannot find anything. I looked
everywhere where I can think of and also searched for hours in the online and
offline help, the Microsoft website and the web in general, nothing.

Now I hope to find some answers here by posting my problem in this newsgroup.

I'd appreciate your help. Thank you very much.
Carsten