Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Tent Card Mail Merge Trouble

Place the Next Record field before the first mergefield in the second
card on the main document

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"shogan" wrote in message
I have a mail merge set up for tent cards. The problem I am encountering
is
that the template and the cards have two cards on a page/sheet. But when
do the merge, I get the same person's name on BOTH cards (the first two
cells, and also the second two cells).

I think I understand that I need to enter into my main document a next
record; however, the place I found this advice (an archive here in the
discussion group) explained it in a way that was frankly, above my
head.....I
didn't grasp it. Can anyone describe in very step-by-step directions...or
guide me to some instructions that are simple? Or perhaps there is
another
way to accomplish same thing?

Thanks.