Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default how do I get rid of grey highlighting in fields?

If you execute the merge, there will be no field to be highlighted. It
sounds like rather than executing the merge, you are just previewing the
results.

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

See the article "Mail Merge with Word 2007" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

You can however turn off the field shading under ToolsOptionsView in Word
XP and earlier and under Word OptionsAdvancedShow Document Content in Word
2007.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Twiggie" wrote in message
Having spent ages compiling an address book and creating mailing labels
from
it, I can't get the grey highlighting in the fields to disappear. I don't
want these when I print the labels.