View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmelswüst View Post
The document consists of several sections and subsections, and I have created styles for section headers of different levels and the body text. The body text has a margin that is about half a page because I want the right half of the page to be available for inserting graphics such as screenshots. I have not formated this using the page margins because I want the section headers to be able to run across the entire breadth of the page.

Now, inexplicably, on some pages the last line of the text runs across the entire breadth of the page as well -- while the body text of the same paragraph continues as formated at the top of the next page.
Posting questions like this appears to facilitate finding the answer oneself : I had placed the page numbers within graphic objects at the bottom of the page, and the formating option for those objects was "square". Changing this to the formating option "before the text" solved the problem.

Somehow the "square" formating option leads to the text reaching right up to the graphics, no matter what the style's margin settings are.