Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Odd margin problem in multi-page document

I could make guesses about what the problem is, but you might want to try a
reverse approach, using page margins to define the text area and then adding
a negative right indent to your heading styles instead of adding a right
indent to the body text style(s).

http://word.mvps.org

"Himmelswüst" wrote in message

I'm experiencing an odd problem with a multi-page document of
instructions I'm currently formatting.

The document consists of several sections and subsections, and I have
created styles for section headers of different levels and the body
text. The body text has a margin that is about half a page because I
want the right half of the page to be available for inserting graphics
such as screenshots. I have not formated this using the page margins
because I want the section headers to be able to run across the entire
breadth of the page.

Now, inexplicably, on some pages the last line of the text runs across
the entire breadth of the page as well -- while the body text of the
same paragraph continues as formated at the top of the next page.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

--
Himmelswüst