Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Default Embedding SEQ inside of a LINK field

Hi Itay,

Sure is possible.

Probably the best way to go about this is to:
.. copy your first cell in Excel & paste as an unformatted text link in Word,
then select the linked field in Word and press Shift-F9 to expose the field
code. You should see something like:
{LINK Excel.Sheet.8 "C:\\My Documents\\My Workbook.xls" "Sheet1!R10C1" \a
\t}
(this is for a link to Cell A10 on Sheet1, which is linked with row#, col#
notation as "Sheet1!R10C1").
.. select the row number (eg the '10' in "Sheet1!R10C1") and press Ctrl-F9 to
insert a new field, which will be delimited by a pair of field braces (ie
'{ }'). You'll now have something like '{ 10 }' at this point.
.. within the new field braces, and ahead of the row number , type 'SEQ Row
\r '. Your link field should now look like:
{LINK Excel.Sheet.8 "C:\\My Documents\\My Workbook.xls" "Sheet1!R{SEQ Row \r
10 }C1" \a \t}
.. press F9 to update the field.
.. copy the updated field and paste it wherever the second result is to go,
then select this field in Word and press Shift-F9 to expose the field code.
.. delete your equivalent of the ' \r 10 ' from the SEQ field code and press
F9 to update the field. You should now see the result for the next row down.
.. for each subsequent row, simply copy & paste the edited second field, then
press F9 to update the result.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message
ups.com...
HELLO ALL,

I'm trying to produce a set of references to a large excel worksheet.

To achieve this i need a set LINK fields that point to a specific row.
In order to have a set for each row i thought of using the SEQ field.

Is it possible to embed SEQ inside of a LINK field?

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Itay.