Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default white space around page when prinitng or converting to PDF

This is a function of the printer driver. Very few printers allow printing
to the edge of the page and Word's page setup reflects that. If you have
Acrobat, you can set its driver as the active driver while you format the
document and that will allow you to create a PDF that runs to the edge of
the page, but you will still have a gap when you print it.

PRCarol wrote:
Hi - I've managed to create a word template using an image in the
headers and footers which goes fully to the ends and sides of the
pages. However when I go to print preview, it automatically resizes
the image so that I have a white bar all around the page which I
don't want. The same thing occurs when I convert the document into a
PDF. Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of these white areas when I
print or convert?
Thanks!