Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Custom form for specified Document Properties

A couple of possible approaches:

a. create a macro like this:

Sub showdocprops()
CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=750, Visible:=False).Execute
End Sub

then use Office Button-Word Options-Customize, select Macros under
"Choose commands from," locate th eMacro and Add it to the QAT list on
the right. Then select it and click Modify to select an icon.

Then it's "click the icon in the QAT, and click the Custom propertie tab
(if it is not already displayed).

I expect someone here knows how to put that sort of stuff elsewhere on
the Word 2007 ribbon in other ways. Nor do I know whether there is a way
to select the tab you want programmatically.

b. in the Customize dialog, click Customize keyboard shortcuts, select
the All Commands category. This shows a rather different list from the
dialog in (a). Locate FileProperties and assign a keystroke.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 01/05/2010 05:38, David Powell wrote:
Under Word 2007, by default, there's a huge number of keystrokes required to
get to Custom Document Properties.
I'd like to make this simple.
Two ways forward have thwarted me, esp. since Word Help is no longer working
properly for me (I'm getting empty Office 2010 stuff - subject of a separate
post.)

i) build a form (I've forgotten how to do this.)
ii) explore the opportunities suggested by the ribbon under
Developer|Templates|Document Panel. The dialog box that opens looks like it
might supply what I want.

Normally, the Help system would send me where I want to go. But it seems to
be broken for me.

Thanks