Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Powell[_2_] David Powell[_2_] is offline

Default Custom form for specified Document Properties

Yes, except do you know how long it took me to find a keyboard contortion
just to get to the Document Properties dropdown? (2 X [Shift]-[Tab]). Then
it's [down][down][Enter] to get the "Advanced Properties"! So that's 5 (or 6
if you count the uncomfortable [Shift]!).

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You could add the Properties command from the all commands group to the QAT
(Quick Access Toolbar) and that would reduce the 'massive number' of
keystrokes to three. One to display the properties window - two more to
display the advanced properties.

"David Powell" wrote:

Under Word 2007, by default, there's a huge number of keystrokes required to
get to Custom Document Properties.
I'd like to make this simple.
Two ways forward have thwarted me, esp. since Word Help is no longer working
properly for me (I'm getting empty Office 2010 stuff - subject of a separate
post.)

i) build a form (I've forgotten how to do this.)
ii) explore the opportunities suggested by the ribbon under
Developer|Templates|Document Panel. The dialog box that opens looks like it
might supply what I want.

Normally, the Help system would send me where I want to go. But it seems to
be broken for me.

Thanks