Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill @ HC Bill @ HC is offline

Default How do I adjust printer speed in Word?

The new laptop has 1.7 GHz Pentium processor so I don't think that's the
issue - my old desktop was much less robust and I never had this problem
with it.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

Chances are, you're out of memory. Windows XP and Word need 512 MB of
memory to work properly on a laptop: if you have less than that, things will
be slow.

On 17/8/06 10:43 PM, in article
, "Bill @ HC" Bill @
wrote:

Whenever I print Word documents, no matter how 'small', the printer prints
very slowly - I'd say half or less of its normal speed. When I print Excel
documents, they print just fine at normal speed. This never was an issue in
the past but I just got a new laptop and the newest version of Office was
installed on it and I'm wondering if I need to adjust a software setting on
Word.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410