Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I adjust printer speed in Word?

If it's an inkjet printer, there's usually a "quality" setting that will
have the most bearing on the speed. For example, my printer has Best,
Normal, Fast Normal, and Draft. I only ever use Fast Normal (default) and
Best; Best is significantly slower (and sometimes not perceptibly better).

"Bill @ HC" wrote in message
I looked at all the possible printer settings - do you have advice for me

as
to whichones I might adjust in this case? I have 132 MB of resident memory

in
my printer so I can't bump that up anymore and I don't know what else I

might
adjust.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

You might also check the printer settings (Properties) in the Print

Dialog
box. Higher quality output, graphics & color cause slower printing.

Other
factors can be involved too, like connection speed (USB 1.1/USB 2.0) or

even
the condition of the cable.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Bill @ HC" Bill @ wrote in message
Whenever I print Word documents, no matter how 'small', the printer

prints
very slowly - I'd say half or less of its normal speed. When I print

Excel
documents, they print just fine at normal speed. This never was an

issue
in
the past but I just got a new laptop and the newest version of Office

was
installed on it and I'm wondering if I need to adjust a software

setting
on
Word.