Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default document reverts to "final showing markup" instead of final

Hello Susan

SusanLRConsultant wrote:
And that's why everyone hates Vista and the new Office -- Microsoft , telling
us what we *should* want, constantly defaulting, not letting us use whichever
interface we're more comfortable with, ttreating us like idiotic children. I
hate everything about V and O03, and I've been teaching, working with
Microsoft products since 1987, beta tested W95 & W98. I even wrote
Microsoft's own retail video training tapes for everything from 1993 through
1996, and I've never more felt like dumping it and going to Mac. So the p
lan is to dump Vista and Office 2007 (for which I spent HUNDREDS of dollars)
on my new computer and go back to XP and O03 - and when Microsoft stops
supporting XP and O03, I'll jump ship.

I guess everybody that knew the old interface as well and started out
with the new had similar feelings. It really does hurt to abandon old
habbits, for all of us. Weighing these against the benefits that now a
lot of stuff is more "discoverable" to the casual user is still a close
thing IMHO. :-)

But case in point: overall, I think that showing tracked changes on
opening really, really is a good thing! There are too many cases where
people simply have not a clue about what TC is, how it works, and
whether there are such things in their documents. It's a pain, but I
prefer them springing into the user's face each time on upon compared to
sending him off such a document to a third-party which can be really,
really ugly.

2cents
Robert
--