Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

Default Word capitalizes the first letter of new lines

"Randy Gardner" wrote in message
news
I really appreciate your help!!!

Well, that is fine in Word where you can set margins, however, Outlook
doesn't
have that capabilites, at least as far as I know.

Seems like a counterdiction and bug when you can deselect "capitalizes the
first word of a sentence" and Word assumes that the "enter key" represent
new sentence and Capitalizes it regardless of the setting?

What do I turn off to allow me to format sentence length? Grammer or style
or both?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Carol" wrote:

When you press Enter at the end of a line, it makes a new paragraph, so
Word
assumes that the next character begins a new sentence. If you don't
really
mean to start a new paragraph, then don't press Enter. Just let Word wrap
the text naturally.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

Not using word wrap.

Formating sentence length with enter key
--
Thank you,

Randy

"Carol" wrote:

Are you allowing Word to wrap or are you hitting enter at the end of
each
sentence?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

No, letters only.

Word is my OutLook editor and it does it with emails also!

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Carol" wrote:

You're not, by any chance, working with a table are you? I don't
really know
if you're add in is an issue or not.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

Hi Carol:

It is unchecked!

Any other suggestions?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Carol" wrote:

Tools | AutoCorrect Options | Deselect Capitalize first word
of sentences.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of
each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Randy,

Instead of thinking about what you see, think of the recipient. When a
message is opened that you have sent with text lines that look good to you,
the recipient may see something entirely different if their viewing pane is
not the same as yours. It will really look messed up.