Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maki Maki is offline

Default Mail merge fields in a text box

I had the graphic's layout set to "behind text" and still hadn't realised
that I could type on the main page, without using text box! How embarrassing!

Thanks, Graham, for the response. Much appreciated.
--
Maki @ Canberra.AU

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Use a frame or a table cell instead - or even set the margins and indents
correctly so that the text can be typed on the main page. Set the graphic's
layout property to 'behind text'

Maki wrote:
Hi

Is there a way to create mail merge fields in a text box?

I have custom-made letterhead where a graphic covers the whole sheet
and the actual space for letter body is confined in a text box.

If impossible, any suggestions to get around the situation?