WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Table won't move - HELP

Troubleshooting Tables in Microsoft Word

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your tables in Microsoft Word. It sounds like you want your tables to move down the page as you type above them, but occasionally they stop moving and the text jumps below the table.

One possible solution to this issue is to check the "Allow row to break across pages" option in the table properties. Here's how you can do that:
  1. Click anywhere inside the table that's giving you trouble.
  2. Click the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click the "Properties" button in the "Table" group.
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click the "Row" tab.
  5. Check the box next to "Allow row to break across pages".
  6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

This should allow your table to move down the page as you type above it, without any text jumping below the table.

If this doesn't solve the problem, there may be other issues with the formatting of your document that are causing the tables to behave unexpectedly. In that case, you may want to consider reaching out to Microsoft support for further assistance.