Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

Default How do I set "space after" for a table style (Word 2003)?

HA! Good trick, Klaus!g

Yeah, I love using white borders for breaking the look of a
table...just never thought about that one! ;-)

Dian ~

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 06:07:02 +0200, "Klaus Linke"
wrote:

You can define a 6 pt while bottom border in the table style for the last
row, if your table does not have borders.
But that's a large "if", and a kludge.

Klaus

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:
I believe that's about the best way you can do it...at least, that's
how *I* have been doing it for MANY years.

Although I actually create a TableSpacer style and apply that style to
the para marker after the table so I can not only easily adjust the
spacing, but also find them all once the doc is finished to make any
of those "tweaking" fixes to pull things up/push down as needed.

If someone knows a better way, I'd like to hear about it, too! ;-)

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified, Editor/TechTrax

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:59:09 +0200, "Oyvind"
peroy.at.no.broadpark.lasttworeversed wrote:

When creating tables, I would like to have a setting "space after" to
ensure
some spacing without using empty paragraphs.

I can do this for each table by changing Table Properties, setting the
text
wrapping to "Around", and then setting the distance from surrounding text
via "Positioning". However, I can't get at this setting when creating or
modifying a Table Style.

Is this at all possible, or is there another way to automatically insert
the
required spacing? Right now I use an extra paragraph, and just had to
track
down and remove an empty page because the table was at the very end of
both
a chapter and a page.

Any help appreciated!

Oyvind