Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
LisaH LisaH is offline

Default Problem with outline-numbered headings

My company uses a customized template in which headings are outlined
numbered. My customer sent me a document that I copied into the right
template, but there's a problem--the 2nd-level headings are not updating when
the document moves on the next section. Heading 1 has 2nd-level headings 1.1
and 1.2. Then after the Heading 2, the 2nd-level headings are numbered 1.3
and 1.4, and so on. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Of course I'm under a major deadline--thanks!