Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joyce Joyce is offline

Default Skip page number every other page

Thanks, that worked!!

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

So you want pages numbered as follows:
page 1 numbered as 1
page 2 not numbered
page 3 numbered as 2
page 4 not numbered
page 5 numbered as 3
page 6 not numbered
page 7 numbered as 4
etc. If I understand the question correctly, then:

In Word 2003 or earlier, open your document, click on
File | Page Setup | Layout tab | check the "Different
odd and even" box | OK. In the odd-page header or
footer where you want the page numbers to appear,
insert a calculated page number field:

{ = { = { page } + 1 } / 2 }

but do not type the curly braces; instead, insert each
pair by pressing Ctrl+F9. When you've finished entering
the page number field, press Alt+F9 to switch back to
display of field results (the page number) instead of
field codes.

Joyce wrote:
I have a large document and I would like to skip the page numbering
every other page. So start at page 1, next page no page numbering, page 2,
no page number, etc.
I know you can delete the link between the pages, but than you have to
insert the page numbering by hand. Can I do this so the page numbering is
done automatically?