Howard Lee

Thanks. I'll look into it.

There is a KB article at Microsoft
(http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;240410). The
message has nothing to do with memory per se, but rather there being too
many hidden bookmarks caused by repeated updating of TOCs. It's an oddly
worded message if that's really the case. Although cleaning them out as the
article describes reduces the number of the dialogs, it's still a non-zero
occurrence and I'm back to the original problem - I can't leave the process
unattended during the (very) long generation of the PDF from within Word.
This may be one of those things I have to live with.

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Howard,

I have never seen that dialog and can't generate it here. You might check
Google Groups "Word" and do a search on "Memory low". There are a few
postings there describing a similiar problem and the common thread appears
to be "Virtual memory."

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Howard Lee wrote:
The most common instance is when I'm making a Word-based PDF (in that
it has to check an extensive number of links in the long document),
Word invariably gives me "Memory Low. This operation can't be undone.
Continue Yes/No" kind of error. Even if nothing is running.

"Greg" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can you provide and example of one of these dialog boxes that pops up
when performing a MicroSoft Word operation?