Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default StyleRef Formatting Frustrations

Gotcha. :-)

I'm not able to reproduce this behavior on newly created documents in Word
2007 so it may have been corrected. I know in Word 2002 and 2003 if you
applied a style to a form field and then protected the document you'd see
the font change immediately. Of course I don't know if it will crop up under
specific circumstances in Word 2007 since after my encounter with it I now
apply the styles prior to inserting form fields. It only takes encountering
a bug once and spending hours recreating 100s of form fields to vow to never
allow it to happen again! grin

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
OK, I did not mean it wasnt a bug :-). I only meant that now I know more
precisely what I can expect to happen when - and what to do to compensate
for
the wrong behavior.

Hopefully, Microsoft will fix the bug some day since they obviously know
what causes it.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Beth Melton" wrote:

What's really going on is a bug. :-)

I finally located an old email on this issue and this is what I was told
when I reported it:

"The cause is a bug in a €śfont fix-up€ť routine. This routine is used when
dealing with Asian fonts. Asian fonts are different in that font
substitution is frequently needed as the fonts are frequently not on the
system, and also in that text written in Asian fonts frequently needs to
be
increased in point size to look good in Asian documents. I know this
sounds
unrelated to the bug you reported, but the bug is that font fix-up is
running when it shouldnt."

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message

Actually, I am sure the time I spent testing in relation to your
question
will help me later. I have registered the problem many times without
taking
the time to really find out what was going on.