Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Default Invalid merge field

Hi newschapmj1,

Is there a reason you can't delete the problem fields from the mailmerge templates?

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"newschapmj1" wrote in message ...
We have a large collection of mail merge templates containing an "Invalid
Merge Field" (ie field is not in the data source)

Option 1 is to add the missing field to the data source.
-i.e. an empty data item

Option 2 is to remove the missing field by VB

I have found scripts that process folders of documents.
eg http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Process_Batch_Folder.htm

I'm not sure how to remove a mail merge field (eg "InvalidField").
Changing it is not any use to me.
I can modify the data source to prevent the "Invalid Merge Field" dialog
appearing during processing

We are using Word 2002.