Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lorna Lorna is offline

Default mail merge unicode characters

Thanks Doug,
the trick was to put anything in the if then else window, then show the
commands in the document (alt F9) and edit to insert the symbol there as
can't do them in the wizard window.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Insert the symbols themselves into the respective places in the
If...then...Else field construction

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lorna" wrote in message
Want to use the wingdings2 unicode character 00A2 or 00A3 in mail merge as
part of an IF .. Then .. else. how do I get the text box to recognise
this?
(just shows U+00A2, I want an empty box or full box.)