Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How to get Formula result to update automatically?

Yet another option is to use a macro. For example, you can use the example
macro presented at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Fields do not update automatically. What you can do is press Ctrl+A (to
select the whole document) and then press F9 to force an update of all
fields at once.

Alternatively, you can enable the update fields on print setting in Word
Options. In Word 2007, this option can be found in Office button | Word
Options, Display category: "Update fields before printing." In Word 2003,
it's found in Tools | Options, Print tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mercedes.K" wrote in message
I have a table in Word and in one cell I have the formula
"=PRODUCT(h8,j8)"
It works but it won't update... I have to right click the formula and go
"update formula" for it to update. Is there any way to get it to update
automatically as soon as a relevant change is made?
Thanks