DavidOfMA

Default How do I prevent Word 2000 from trying to re-install itself whene.

I have both Word 97 and Word 2000 on my system. I'd prefer to use Word 97 for
most documents, as it's faster and some of my macros won't work with Word
2000 because of the lack of child windows in Word 2000. Occasionally I want
to use Word 2000. Whenever I start Word 2000, it requests the Office 2000
disk and runs the installer. This occurs even if I run a shortcut directly to
the Winword.exe file. Apparently, running Word 97 resets some registry key
such that Word 2000 "thinks" it's corrupted. Is there any way to occasionally
run Word 2000 but mostly use Word 97 as the default Microsoft Word app for
..DOC, .DOT, and .RTF files?

Thanks, and hope this is clear.

- David