When I had that problem with hyphens, it turned out to be document
corruption.

"Jody Brink" Jody wrote in message
Thanks, that did seem to solve that problem, but uncovered another. Now,
although it wraps whole words, it starts a new line if I have a hyphenated
word, like ' pre-historic'. Some days you just can't win. I've been

having
other serious problems in general, and it's coming down to re-formatting

the
hard drive and reinstalling everything. I just hope it's not a hardware
issue.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This usually indicates a damaged font or document. Is the problem solved

by
changing to another font? If so, reinstall the font. If not, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jody Brink" Jody wrote in message
When creating a simple document, when the text reaches the end of a

line,
instead of keeping a word together, it just stops where it is in that

word,
and continues the same word on the next line, like this:

managed retained collections, cleaned and reasse
mbled fragments of various items, performed var
ious ......

I've already checked for hyphenating, and it's turned off. What's

going
on,
and how can I fix it?