Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Genia Genia is offline

Default run-time error 53

Thank you for your response. Your advice was correct and the good people at
Microsoft technical support spent many hours helping me to uninstall the
conflicting program. It is now working well. Once again, thanks.
Genia

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?R2VuaWE=?=,

Every time I open up Word 2007, I receive a run-time error 53; file not
found:Qstartup.dll and every time I close Word I receive a "Microsoft Word
has stopped working" and then it tries to find out the problem. Any
suggestions?

There's apparently an Add-in installed that's not running properly. If you
hold down CTRL when starting Word, to use Safe Mode, does the problem go away
for that session?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org