Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default When I open a doc andclose Word, the doc isn't in Recently Opened

When you open a document directly from an attachment, it opens in a
temporary location and in a way doesn't really exist. It's actually a step
forward for Word not to include such documents in the MRU list, which I
believe it must have done in some earlier versions because I have a client
who was always trying to open previously opened attachments that way and
always got an error message. If you have closed Word since you opened the
attachment, it is no longer in the temp folder, so even if it were listed in
the MRU list, you'd get an error.

http://word.mvps.org

"PlarfySoober" wrote in message
I often get Word .docs as attachments to email in Outlook 2003.

I click on the .doc and it opens, and I look at it. But if I close the
.doc
and hope to see it again in the "Recently Opened Documents" list, it isn't
there.

Why don't these documents show up where they are supposed to? And is there
workaround?

Thanks.

Don.