Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
FUMC FUMC is offline

Default Zip Codes w/Extentions result in Zero appearing in field

Doug, please ignore the previous email. I discovered a link on the page you
recommended, "Mail Merge to Labels with Office XP" and found the workaround
suggested there which solved the problem. Thanks for sending this
information.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"FUMC" wrote in message
I only generate labels from Excel about once a year, so I'm a little rusty,
and have run into a problem that I haven't encountered before and don't
understand.

When I use Word to mail merge the Excel list into labels, it doesn't seem
recognize any zip code with an extension and puts a zero in that field
when
they come up in the "Mail Merge Recipients" window and when it merges the
data into the labels.

I'm sure if I drop the dash and last four digits of the extended zip code,
it would solve the problem, but since 2/3rds of the 500+ mailing list
uses
the extended zip codes, I would like to use the zip code extensions. I'm
using MS Office 2003 on a PC running Windows XP.