Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default chronological order by dates in Word

If the data is in a table, you can sort the rows based on the contents
of a column. Note that you have to specify "Date" for the "Type" of
sort (in the Sort dialog box). This seems to work reliably, even if
different date formats are used.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"abbymae" wrote in message
I am working on a word document for college and am trying to put a

list of
presdents in chronological order but when I try and do it with the

tables,
sort option it wont do it...what am I doing wrong? can anyone help

me? It
will let me put the names in order but not the dates