Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can I import in a DXF drawing into Word 2003

Tell you what you need to check out - SnagIt!
http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp

Stop messing with .dxf files, etc. SnagIt is like a beefed up screen shot
plus. They have a trial version and it's only $40. Believe me, if you're
writing tutorials, you're gonna love it. (And no, I'm not employed by them.
Just a very happy user.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"George626" wrote in message
Correct that I do not have AutoCAD on my computer.
I use Mastercam CAD CAM CNC Software to design and make codes so that a
CNC
Machine will do the operations rather than figuring out all the moves of
the
machine.
It has over 14 translators that it will import and export and works fine.
But in the past when using Word 97 I took in the DXF that was generated
from
Mstercam into MS Word 97.
Worked flawless.
I know the present translators that Mastercam will export a AutoCAD
drawing
is a DWG or a DXF.
But the onlu options are for a DXF are REl 12, 13 and ACAD 2000.
I might just have to ask Mastercam if the old translator is still
available.
What I have done in the past is write tutorials on the subject for my
classes in CAD CAM CNC as a hard copy and it works fine.
I have been doing Video Tutorials with Voice overs and it works SUPER.
I use Word 2003 to write my script and include it with the Video so the
student
in addition to a voice and picture on there screen have the hard copy to
follow the script and important notes.
It might seem redundant but If a person sees a Video and hears the voice
commands they remember some but not all. Including the hard copy they
remember about 25% more.
If anyone is interested in what I am doing send me an email direct to
or look at www.cadcamcnc.com
Thje web site is under Major Surgery as I am just to busy to keep up with
it.
Thank you for everones help, it is greatly appreciated.
George

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Am I correct in assuming you do not have AutoCAD on your computer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"George626" wrote in message
It is working
I installed the filter and it works GREAT.
Super, gee Darn Gosh Good Gollie.
Thanks for the help.
Now all I have to figure out is how to bring in A dxf that was drawn in
Autocad
Rel 13, 14 or 2000.
It brings in the older DXF format Rel 12 but I am still a happy camper.
Thanks for every ones help.
George

"George626" wrote:

Is there a way to bring in a drawing tht is in a DXF format into
Word2003