Default mailmerge to email using Lotus Notes or Eudora, no Outlook

Hi Frank,

It's funny that I've found your message. The problem that you're
having is the same problem I'm having.

I started my search yesterday, but still no success in finding anything
that will tell me how to Email Merge to Lotus Notes.

We use Lotus Notes 6 here @ work & Office XP. I do though, have
Outlook XP on my system, thank goodness! I've managed to install
Microsofts Outlook Domino Connector to have Outlook as my default email
application & have Outlook communicating to the Domino Server to
retreive my emails. I can do Email Merge this way, with Outlook. I
can't set everyone up with Outlook & the Domino Connector though.
Everyone is to use Lotus Notes. So running with Outlook, the Email
Merge works perfect, just how it should work.

I've tried Email Merge with someone else's system that's running just
Lotus Notes 6 with the thought of Word will send Bulk Emails regardless
which Email Application you use. I thought it uses the default Email
app, but it doesn't. It didn't work for me, which I thought it might
be a setting in Lotus Notes. ....Well, after all that, this is why I'm
online looking everywhere how to run this Email Merge with Lotus Notes.

Please... if you find out how to do it with Lotus, would you mind
sending me an email on how to get it working.
]

Regards,

Chris Kepu

trash wrote:
Where I work, every machine has Microsoft Office 2003 (every
application in the bundle except for Outlook). The default email client
is Lotus Notes 6, but we also have licenses for Eudora.

We need to create a mailmerge using Word 2003 grabbing the data from
from an Excel file or a flat file from a mainframe. This is no problem.
We can print thousands of letters at a time (or as much as the printer
can support).

The problem that we have is that we cannot do mailmerge to email. The
email option does not come up in the menu that Word 2003 offers.

The Novell/Windows administrator says that the installation of Outlook
includes certain files (DLLs most likely) that allow Word to
communicate with the default email client, in our case Lotus Notes 6.
The problem here is we cannot give users Outlook even it is hidden or
somewhat disabled (internal BS plus all the vulnerabilities that
Outlook has).

How can we make Word talk to an email client can send the thousands of
emails that we need to send.

cheers,
Frank