Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Default Word wise...where is print preview and pasted pictures don't s

Hi Tom,

You can use many (but not all) of the Word 2003 shortcut keys in Word 2007. Alt+T, O for example takes you to the Word Options
screen in 2007, but Alt+F,V won't take you to Print Preview (but Ctrl+F2 or Alt+Ctrl+I will)

A lot of the 'what's there by default' choices came from MS gathering of anonymous data from the 'Customer Experience' options in
Help=Customer Feedback Options
from Word 2003.

Those items on the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) were commonly used. Print Preview apparently didn't make 'the cut' as a default, but
you can add it from File[Office Button]=Word Options=Customization.

The 'Office Button' is, apparently, mimicing the new Windows Vista replacement for the Windows 95-XP 'Start Button'.
http://www.winsupersite.com/images/s...ta5270_002.jpg
The new start button has only the Windows logo on it (no text).

Don't forget to send your feedback on your Office 2007 experience directly to the MS Office product team using the 2007 feedback
tool from the link below.

======
"tomax7" wrote in message ...
Thanks Cindy! Worked!

Ok, now I have to ask...

WHY??????? Who thought it would be better to not show a pasted image by
default than not. And why move the Options to a difficult location? I was
surfing all the Ribbons looking for image options, and "TOOLS", never thought
of hitting the "dummy button".

Oh, one more question if I may. Why did MS also hide the "Print Preview"
button?

cheers
tom
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net