Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How to make a document 'remember' which printer.

The required printer is not something stored with the document. You can
intercept the print commands in the documents' templates to address the
required printers, and you could do so in the documents themselves, but that
would raise macro security issues - see
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm for some examples.

ThomasAJ wrote:
We have many printers. How do I make a document remember which
printer it should use when the print icon is clicked on.

Sure I can use the printer drop-down box but I want certain documents
to remember their own 'default printer'.