Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Copying sentences into tables

Yup -- I did exactly what he said: create a 1-col, 3-row table, type 3
sentences, each its own paragraph, copy them to clipboard as a block,
select the three cells, paste. The first word of a sentence appeared
in each cell.

I didn't take care not to select the right-of-cell paragraph marks.
That might make a difference.

On Aug 7, 12:52*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
Are you saying that you can reproduce the behavior described by the OP?

FWIW, I do find that when pasting, the outcome seems to depend on whether I
select whole rows or just part of rows. For example, in a five rows, six columns
table, selecting (say) three full rows and pasting, paragraph 1 gets pasted into
the selected cells of the first column, paragraph 2 into the cells of the second
column, and paragraph 3 into the cells of the third column.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...
On Aug 6, 10:10 pm, hander wrote:

No add-ins installed. Can anyone just confirm that this does/doesn't
happen to them?

Oh, all right.

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

But when I copied and pasted one paragraph into one cell, it worked
fine.

(What I expected was that all three paragraphs would appear in all
three cells.)