Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default curious opening behavior

Well, there's a setting to "Allow opening in Draft view," and if you have
closed in Draft view, you should open in that view (though I can't convince
my copy of Word of that logic). If you don't ever want to open in Draft
view, then you can disable the referenced setting (which is in File |
Options | Advanced: General).
http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
I never (what never? well ... hardly ever!) use Draft View, but for
the last few days, each time I open Word by selecting a file from the
"Recent Items" list or from a folder, it opens in Draft View with the
comments in a pane at the bottom.

(Only when starting Word. After that, files open properly.)

Could I have inadvertently checked a box somewhere in Preferences, or
something?