Himmelswüst Himmelswüst is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Wilke-Thissen View Post
Hi,

[Word 2003]
However, in one place, the caption numbers
are not in sequence, and number 10 is followed
by 12 instead of 11. Resetting caption numbers did
not work.

are the captions placed within text boxes? Maybe, the text boxes are
anchored in a wrong order.

--
Cheers
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

And yes, the captions are within text boxes -- the ones that are automatically created when you insert captions. However, the caption with the wrong number is also in a box for inserting a drawing as I was unable to otherwise position it in the place where it is supposed to be.

The numbering problem already existed prior to that, however, and I had checked the anchors at the time. By the way, graphics number 10 is on the previous page. Strictly speaking the numbers are in the right order, it's just that one number is missing, as the first graphics on the next page is numbered 12 (the one in the box for inserting drawings). The following graphics is then numbered correcty (13).

Do you have any further ideas what might cause the problem?