Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Automatic header for new documents in Word 2007

No you don't! The normal template should not have a header/footer as it will
conflict with other functions eg labels. If you want documents with
header/footers, create a new document template and use that to create your
documents, or insert the header footers as required with macro/autotext etc.

Larry wrote:
Doug thanks. I wasn't clear in my question. I want to set up the
Normal template so that each new Word document automatically has the
header.

Larry

Almost everything in Word 2007 works the same as in previous
versions - Finding the way to do it though can be a challenge

Create the header that you want to start on the second page on the
First page of the document, then on the Ribbon, select the Page
Layout tab and then click on the arrow at the right hand end of the
lower border of the Page Setup section of the Ribbon and then go to
the Layout tab of the Page Setup dialog and check the Different
First Page box and then click on OK.

The header that you had set up will then disappear, to reappear on
the second and subsequent pages of the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Larry" wrote in message
A friend with Word 2007 wants to have each new document
automatically set up
so that it has a header starting at the second page. Years ago
Suzanne gave
me instructions on setting this up and I've used it ever since.
But the same approach doesn't seem to work for Word 2007.