Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Word 2003 messes up my page numbering

My documents are always set to continue page numbering from the
previous section. I tried Insert Page Number from the drop-down
menu. When that didn't work, I opened a fresh document and tried
opening the footer and inserting the page numbers there.

Since my 200+ page document has more than 100 headings using Heading
Style #3, and since it looked like I would have to page all the way
through, changing each instance to "continue from previous section," I
just gave up and printed without page numbers.

Then I had a good cry and went to class with my un-numbered document,
my nose and eyes red and oh god it was just pitiful to see a
middle-aged woman in law school looking like that.

:-(

There's GOT to be a setting some place that is messed up. Since I can
open the document on my home computer, insert page numbers (either
way), and get them to run continuously from 1-206, why can't I do that
using the school's Word 2003?

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:34:42 -0600,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Restarting page numbering is the same in Word 2000 and Word 2003; there is
no reason that opening your document on a different computer or in a
different version would make any difference. Are you using the Insert | Page
Numbers feature or the Insert Page Number button on the Header and Footer
toolbar? If the latter (preferred), click on the Format Page Number button
in each section and select "Continue from previous section."