Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Word 2003 messes up my page numbering

I KNOW I'm misunderstanding something! lol

There are section breaks in the document, because some text is set to
columns. That automatically creates a section break, when you return
to single column. Maybe the renumbering was restarting after every
column change. Is that a relevant clue?

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:40:25 -0600,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the connection between Heading 3 and page
numbering unless you're inserting a section break before each heading. If
so, something more than Word is the problem here, as that should not be
necessary. I think you are misunderstanding something, but I'm not sure
what.