Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Change date format for Comments and display date in balloons

Hi Melissa,

Well, if I hit this point, and everyone around is saying "it works fine for me",
then my next move would be to boot both Windows and Word in Safe Mode. (To boot
Word 2003 in safe mode, hold down CTRL). If the problem goes away, then you know
that it's something that's been "added" to your configuration beyond the
installation defaults.

Next, since Windows is already in Safe Mode, I'd start Word normally. If the
problem still isn't showing up, then it's something in Windows. If the problem
comes back, we know something is interfering with Word.

I am using Windows XP Professional and Word 2003.
This is what I've done since your post:
1. Regional Settings in Control Panel: Standards and Formats = English (UK)
2. Location = UK
3. Languages tab Details button: Default input language = English (UK)
4. Clicked OK to go back to previous window - Advanced tab: Language for
non-Unicode programs = English (UK)

I changed everything I see to UK. I even restarted my PC. When I launched
my doc, the comments are still displayed in mm/dd/yyyy. I even created a new
document to test and the results are mm/dd/yyyy.

What else can I do?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org