Antonio O

Default How to protect the main document in a mail merge process

I have a main document that needs to print for each id numbers filed in an
Excel Spreadsheet. I'm using mail merge but the problem is that due to
regulatory requirements I need to protect the main document during the mail
merge but if I do so in Word 2002 (MS Office XP Pro) the mail merge function
is not allowed. How can I perform this mail merge process maintaining
protected the main document. Is there is a waork around in Word? Is the new
Word 2003 have this capability? Is there is another MS or third party
software that provide this capabilities?