Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Headers/Footers - Make them NOT preview faded

Better off with PDFs. :-)

Documents open in the last View they were viewed... but Print Preview
doesn't count.

So... when you click File, you don't see Print Preview in the menu?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Herb,

Thank you for your reply. I read about the Print Preview mode but I do
not see it on my Mac. Well then, is there a way to set the document to
default view on Print Preview mode? I can always edit this doc on a
PC.

Basically when I send my docs to a client, I'd like for them to see
them the way they are supposed to look when printed (the full effect)
- this is more of a presentation concern...

Am I better off with .pdfs?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
TK

On Jun 29, 4:11 pm, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
I don't know if Word for Mac works the same as Word for Windows.
However...
when I choose File - Print - Preview, headers are previewed as they will
be
printed -- not faded/dimmed. I see what you're talking about in Print
Layout
view, but, that's different.

If the Mac version works the same as the Windows version, you can edit
while
in Print Preview mode. Click the Magnifier in the Print Preview toolbar
toggle the mouse pointer back to normal, and you can edit all you like.