Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Headers/Footers - Make them NOT preview faded

On 6/29/07 8:03 PM, in article
, "
wrote:

Hello Herb,

Thank you for your reply. I read about the Print Preview mode but I do
not see it on my Mac.

What version of Mac Word? In 2004 (as well a X, I think) go into Print
Preview & take a look at the left end of the toolbar. There's a button 2nd
from the left (right next to the Print button) called Magnifier - click it
to turn magnifier mode OFF & you'll be able to edit to your heart's content.
By default you won't have any toolbars other than the Print Preview toolbar,
but the Menu Bar will be available & you can turn on any additional toolbars
you want to display. Click the Magnifier button again to toggle zoom mode
back ON.

Well then, is there a way to set the document to
default view on Print Preview mode? I can always edit this doc on a
PC.

As Herb says, Print Preview can't be set as a default mode on a Mac, either.

Basically when I send my docs to a client, I'd like for them to see
them the way they are supposed to look when printed (the full effect)
- this is more of a presentation concern...

Am I better off with .pdfs?

IMHO, Yes... Even if they need to be able to revise the document - send them
*both* a PDF for presentation & a doc attachment for editing.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
TK

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On Jun 29, 4:11 pm, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
I don't know if Word for Mac works the same as Word for Windows. However...
when I choose File - Print - Preview, headers are previewed as they will be
printed -- not faded/dimmed. I see what you're talking about in Print Layout
view, but, that's different.

If the Mac version works the same as the Windows version, you can edit while
in Print Preview mode. Click the Magnifier in the Print Preview toolbar to
toggle the mouse pointer back to normal, and you can edit all you like.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible