Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Michael,

This is a problem that developed several months after I started using this
method to insert chapters into other documents - however, since the problem
appeared, it is happening on all my documents - I tried creating new
documents, importing different chapters into new or old documents - the
bookmarked cross-references are not working on any of the documents

In this case, I would suspect a problem in your Normal.dot template. Try
renaming Normal.dot to NormalOLD.dot.

Now create a new set of documents for testing the basic principle. Do NOT try
using any documents you already have.

If this still doesn't help, try booting Word in SAFE MODE, create a new set of
documents and test. If it works correctly now, then you're probably looking at
a third-party tool interfering (although I can't imagine what it would be, or
how it could be having this effect).

It is possible that it is related to my version of Word (2002, SP3), or
possibly related in a patch or upgrade that I installed (although I don't
specifically remember installing a patch recently)

If you want, I could send you (off list) an example of the documents with
the problem.

Any other ideas suggestions?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland