Michael

Thanks for looking at it Cindy,

If I remove the /p switch, I still get the wrong page number - it points to
the last page that the inserted text appears on, not the page that the
bookmark appears on.

Is this bug related to this version of Word, does it behave differently in
the latest version of Office?

Is there anyway that I can monitor whether Microsoft classify this as a bug
that will be fixed, and know whether a fix will be included in a future
patch?

Thanks again,

Michael

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Michael,

Chapter2.doc has 3 pages with a link on the first page to a bookmark on
page
3.
The link is {PAGEREF Heading2 \p \h"} and in Chapter2.doc displays the
text
"on page 3"

OK, now I understand how you're setting this up. This is different from
your
original problem description. I downloaded the file(s) and can see this
problem,
here. I class this as a bug, and I'll pass it up the
line. There certainly won't be a quick fix forth-coming, I'm afraid.
However...

If you remove the \p switch from the PageRef field you should get the page
number. Not an ideal solution, I know, but better than having to do it all
by
hand, I should think. If you really need the above/below option, you could
nest
the PageRef field in an IF field that tests if { PAGE } = { PageRef } and
displays "Below" if it does.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org