(a) He had to be prompted to apologize and (b) he didn't apologize to Graham
directly but to me.

"mpt" wrote in message
Here's something you could add at the end of your rant:

"Even if I don't know the meaning of 'belligerent' or 'abusive,' I do
recognize that Mr. Ritter197 made a very decent apology and, on that basis
alone, Mr. Mayor should have been more gracious in acknowledging that.

It's
not often in the world that people are so pleasant and well mannered as to
apologize in a straightforward manner for their errors."

Richard

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What question? Ritter197 did not ask a question. He posted a rant.
Moreover,
it was irrelevant to Word because the address book is the province of
Outlook, as both JR and Graham pointed out, suggesting that he post a
question in an Outlook NG. Given that there was no question in the first
place and that Ritter197's post was belligerent and abusive, it was
actually
rather gracious of Graham to provide an answer at all.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"mpt" wrote in message
Mr. Graham could perhaps apologize to Mr. Ritter197 for his reply,

which
was
condescending and sarcastic. Mr. Ritter197 was correct that the

response
was unhelpful. The fact that there was a backhanded answer to his

question
does not negate the fact that it was preceded by the language that he
correctly saw as a reprimand.

Mr. Ritter197 stated his issue in a mere 57 words and, like many who

seek
help in this forum, he was somewhere along the spectrum of frustration.

It
would have cost nothing to have supplied the answer without comment.

And
this ever-lenthening thread could have been truncated after response

#2.

Not to mention the fact that Mr. Ritter197 made a sincere, polite, and
unqualified apology to Mr. Graham whose response was an ungracious,

"Noted."

Here's a suggested response for Mr. Graham, "It was gracious of you to
apologize, despite my own sarcasm and condescension, and I owe you a

proper
acknowledgement of your apology, which I hope this is."

Richard

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In that case, I believe you need to go back and apologize to Graham

for
saying, "Your response was not Helpful."

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Ritter197" wrote in message
Thank you, Suzanne.

That was very useful and it works!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Did you not see the last part of Graham's post: "right click the
sender's
name in the message and select add or edit phone numbers"?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Ritter197" wrote in message
I think you understood what I was asking. Your response was not
Helpful,
but
rather a reprimand.

So CAN you answer positively? I would welcome that.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The newsgroup titles indicate the content. You have posted to
Word
newusers
and Word general (an orphan group no longer hosted by

Microsoft).
The
correct forum for your whinge would have been the Outlook

forum,
but
these
are peer groups and they are no more interested in whinges than
we
are.
If
you have a constructive question, such as 'how do I add a

sender
my
Outlook's contact list' then ask it - and someone will tell you
right
click the sender's name in the message and select add or edit

phone
numbers.

Ritter197 wrote:
Well well. Is WORD not part of Office????
Read again!
"JR" onejmATcomcast.net wrote in message
This is WORD, not Outlook. Take your gripes there !
John

"Ritter197" wrote in message
I use MS Office 2003 and am appalled that I cannot store
automatically e-mail addresses from senders. I could always

do
that
in OE, every version. Here I pay a lot for a "better" system

and
it
cannot even capture e-mail addresses?
But I can BUY it for $ 15 - 20, what a joke! And insult!