Daiya Mitchell

On 7/21/05 2:03 PM, "Windowed" wrote:

Now Iım really upset, and thinking back to the
good old days when I could use Word Perfect and just hit Shift-F4 and see
every single formatting code, and then work directly with them to get the
effect I wanted. And I have to wonder: Why canıt Microsoft be bothered to
provide this tool? Is Big Brother afraid to give up this power to us? Surely
itıs nothing thatıs too hard for Bill and Buddies to do! If youıre going to
try to be THE wordprocessor for the world, surely you could be a little
user-friendly.

It's not that MS can't be bothered to provide this tool, exactly--it's that
Word is designed in an entirely different way than WordPerfect, and the
Reveal Codes tool cannot exist. You may find these articles enlightening:

How Word differs from WordPerfect
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...ordPerfect.htm

Some Tips and "Gotchas" for those who are new to Word
Especially if migrating from WordPerfect
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...AndGotchas.htm

Is There Life After "Reveal Codes"?
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

WordPerfect to Word converters (and why none of them are perfect)
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...Converters.htm